Short Hair Braid
- Step 1: First I prepped the hair by doing loose waves with a flat iron.
- Step 2: Then I Dutch braided her sides back and secured them with a clear elastic.
- Step 3: After that I pancaked/pulled apart the braid. This step is easier with little to no product so the hair slides easier when you pull the braid apart.
- Step 4: Then I pulled the right side braid through the left braid to connect them together.
- Step 5: I then pulled whichever tail was longer through the shorter one, and secured the bottom with an elastic.
- Step 6: I pulled apart the braids a little more to add some texture. Lastly, I added some dread beads that I got from Amazon to add some interest!
Long Hair Braid
- Step 1: I didn't really have to do much to her because she already has naturally wavy hair, so I just straightened her ends a little bit. I also added some dry shampoo, my favorite is Batiste. You can get Batiste from your local drug store.
- Step 2: I added a little pony tail with a clear elastic and pulled on some pieces to give her some volume.
- Step 3: Then I did a simple 3 strand braid, and secured with another elastic. Make sure to not make it too tight, keep it on the loose side.
- Step 4: Take a piece from whichever side, twist away from the face, spray with Kenra's 'Dry Texture Spray'. Then pull out pieces to deconstruct, and use this piece to cover the elastic at the top of the braid and secure with a bobby pin.
- Step 5: Next, take a section of hair from the opposite side, twist away from the face, spray, and pull that section through a loop in the braid.
- Step 6: Continue step #5 until you have a desired look.
- Step 7: Then take the elastic out of the 3 strand braid, and add the remaining hair. Separate the hair into 2 sections and fishtail braid until you have about 3-4 inches of hair left. If you don't know how to fishtail braid, this will look just as pretty with 3 strand braid, let your creativity flow and do whatever you want! Then you want to secure the bottom with an elastic, and deconstruct the braid a little bit. Take a small piece of hair and wrap around the elastic and use a bobby pin in the back of the braid to secure the hair.
- Step 8: Lastly, I added a little hair piece I found on Amazon. I also pulled out some little wispy pieces from the nape and around the face, and finished off with a light hairspray.